Key Proposal

Want to hear the latest rumours about Phobos? Or just want to talk with others about Phobos? Enter the Common Room!
Isak Sworder
Tester

January 28, 2017, 04:31:37 PM

Hello,

Maybe I'm the only one but it's really confusing to have that many keys without any special names. I checked my backpack and I saw like 2-3 keys with description.

Example: 16:28 bronze key: weight 30 g (Geadle Orcat said that
this is the key to his house)

I like that you put small text about the key where it is from etc...you should do this to all keys since I'm very confused when I look at my backpack.
Sir Vitor
Tester
Character: Sir Vitor

January 28, 2017, 04:55:28 PM

Agree
Xurique
Tester

January 28, 2017, 05:39:32 PM

agreed! its those small things!
Ryan The Alcomist
Tester
Character: Ryan The Alcomist
Clan: Deadline

January 28, 2017, 06:15:42 PM

Signed

Ryan~
Rob
Administrator

January 28, 2017, 11:50:21 PM

I'm glad you find this feature useful.

My original plan with these was that when you use a key, the description gets updated to remind you where the key was used. Though unfortunately that wouldn't quite work as well as I wanted to (it would require multiple versions of the same key). I may revisit that idea later though, we'll see...

For now, I've adjusted all keys to have some sort of flavour text (probably missed a few, which I'll update as and when I notice). This way they all at least have a reminder of where they were found, and those which are found with obvious clues will now also have reminders of those clues on the key.

NOTE: This change will go live along with some minor bug fixes, probably tomorrow.
Isak Sworder
Tester

January 29, 2017, 12:39:15 AM

Rob wrote:I'm glad you find this feature useful.

My original plan with these was that when you use a key, the description gets updated to remind you where the key was used. Though unfortunately that wouldn't quite work as well as I wanted to (it would require multiple versions of the same key). I may revisit that idea later though, we'll see...

For now, I've adjusted all keys to have some sort of flavour text (probably missed a few, which I'll update as and when I notice). This way they all at least have a reminder of where they were found, and those which are found with obvious clues will now also have reminders of those clues on the key.

NOTE: This change will go live along with some minor bug fixes, probably tomorrow.
Thanks Rob for adding this into the game it's really annoying to be honest but adding small texts to all keys shouldn't be a problem anymore. Example the gold key which opens the emposian shield quest in the skeleton warrior cave.

Keep up the good work :)